If you have already have Medusa QB installed on the new computer, you may go directly to Transferring Configuration Settings below.
To get the latest version of the Medusa QB software, you can either download it directly through the existing Medusa QB program (on your "old" computer), or request the "full" version by submitting a New Support Ticket (above). You may then install Medusa QB on the new computer (initially it will be unconfigured).
Download Medusa QB Installer Directly Through Existing Medusa QB Program.
- On your "old" computer open Medusa QB and go to Help→Check for Updates (or click the blue, upward pointing arrow) and then you will see the screen below.
- Click "Download" and the latest version will be copied to your Medusa QB installation folder (probably C:\Medusa QB\).
- Cut or copy this file (file will look like "medusa_qb_win32_6.x.x.msi"), and transfer file to a known location new computer (i.e. use a network folder or flash drive).
- Double click file to install on new computer and follow the prompts.
- You may delete or keep a copy of this installation file but it will no longer be needed (and you can always re-download the latest version through the program).
Method 1 - Transfer using built-in functionality within the program.
- Open Medusa QB on the "old" computer and go to Configure→Invoice Description & Misc. Settings. Then click Backup Configuration file... as shown below circled in red, and save the file to any location where you can then transfer the file to the new computer (i.e. network folder, or email it to yourself).
- Then on the "new" computer, open Medusa QB and go to the same window as shown below and click Restore Configuration file.... Then browse to where the config.pkl file is saved and double-click or "Open" the "config.pkl" file (and you will likely need to overwrite existing file within the installation folder).
- Restart Medusa and the original settings should appear.
- Cleanup/extra-backup - Delete or move any of these extra copies of "config.pkl" (i.e. on the Desktop but not in the "C:\Medusa QB" installation folder) on the old or new system, or even better store this config.pkl file "off-computer" as a backup (i.e. on a network folder or within an email) in case of a future computer crash (in which case settings may be quickly restored).
Method 2 - Manually copy config.pkl file.
This method does exactly what the above method does, just without using the Medusa QB program.
- Simply copy the "old" configuration file on the original computer, (default file location is C:\Medusa QB\config.pkl but would be anywhere the program was installed initially).
- Cut/copy and paste/overwrite file in the "new" computer's installation folder (probably the same location).
- Start/restart Medusa QB program and original settings should appear.
- Cleanup/extra-backup - Delete or move any of these extra copies of "config.pkl" (i.e. on the Desktop but not in the "C:\Medusa QB" installation folder) on the old or new system, or even better store this config.pkl file "off-computer" as a backup in case of a future computer crash (in which case settings may be quickly restored).